Employment Practice Liability (EPLI)
From the moment that you start the pre-employment process until well after the exit interview, you are vulnerable for a lawsuit. As a result, your business should take a hard look at whether it can afford to defend itself against alleged employment liability accusations (i.e. Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Harassment, Wage/Hour Claims, etc.).
Why Choose EPLI Insurance?
Nearly three out of every five employers will be sued by a prospective, current, or former employee while they are in business. While many suits are groundless, defending against them is costly and time-consuming.
EPLI provides protection from the following:
- Wage / Hour Claims - Unpaid or incorrectly paid Wages, Overtime, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- 3rd Party Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims - where an employee, customer or guest of your business files an ADA complaint
- Discrimination (Based on Race, Religion, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disability, or any other protected classification)
- Actual or alleged wrongful dismissal, discharge or termination
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Employment-related libel, slander, humiliation, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity, wrongful demotion or negligent evaluation
- Wrongful discipline
- Vicarious liability for intentional acts
- Punitive damages
- Coercion or humiliation in relation to race, marital status, gender, age, physical and/or mental impairments, pregnancy, sexual orientation and any other protected class established by federal, state and local statutes
Many EPLI policies offer useful resources:
- Consultation, HR assistance and other risk management consultative services.
- Coverage for defense costs outside the policy limits (for qualifying risks).
- Third party liability coverage (for qualifying risks).
- Volunteer workers can be added as additional insureds.
- Extended reporting periods may be added.
To learn more about EPLI coverage and how GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. can help protect your business, contact us today at 209-634-2929.