Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI)
From the moment that you start the pre-employment process until well after the exit interview, you are vulnerable for a lawsuit. As a result, your business should take a hard look at whether it can afford to defend itself against alleged employment liability accusations (i.e. Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Harassment, Wage/Hour Claims, etc.). You can find out more about Employment Practice Liability Insurance on our blog!
Why Choose EPLI Insurance?
Nearly three out of every five employers will be sued by a prospective, current, or former employee while they are in business. While many suits are groundless, defending against them is costly and time-consuming.
California EPLI Insurance policy provides protection from the following:
- Wage / Hour Claims - Unpaid or incorrectly paid Wages, Overtime, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- 3rd Party Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims - where an employee, customer or guest of your business files an ADA complaint
- Discrimination (Based on Race, Religion, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disability, or any other protected classification)
- Actual or alleged wrongful dismissal, discharge or termination
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Employment-related libel, slander, humiliation, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity, wrongful demotion or negligent evaluation
- Wrongful discipline
- Vicarious liability for intentional acts
- Punitive damages
- Coercion or humiliation in relation to race, marital status, gender, age, physical and/or mental impairments, pregnancy, sexual orientation and any other protected class established by federal, state and local statutes
Many EPLI policies offer useful resources:
- Consultation, HR assistance and other risk management consultative services.
- Coverage for defense costs outside the policy limits (for qualifying risks).
- Third party liability coverage (for qualifying risks).
- Volunteer workers can be added as additional insureds.
- Extended reporting periods may be added.
Protect Your Business Today!
You can trust the experts at GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. to provide you with a comprehensive business insurance package that includes EPLI insurance. Fill out the form on this page for a quote generally within one business day or click on the link below to get your quote now!
To learn more about EPLI coverage and how GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. can help protect your business, contact us today at 209-634-2929.