Turlock, CA (May, 2011) –- “Community Safety Saturday,” a family-friendly and free safety event will take place Saturday, June 25, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at GDI Insurance Agency, 801 Geer Road, in Turlock, California.
- KlaasKids Foundation, Finger Prints, Photos and Take Home DNA kits all free at GDI's Community Safety Day 6-15-11
Grant W. Davis, President of GDI Insurance Agency together with The Protector Network®, Capital Insurance Group’s complementary members-only organization offering safety and security benefits, KlaasKids Foundation, California Highway Patrol, Turlock Police Department, American Red Cross, and Turlock Rural Fire Department will team up to educate the community on safety.
“Home and auto safety are important to the families in our local community. To celebrate our dedication to our client families, we are hosting a ‘Community Safety Saturday’ which allows us to provide a fun-filled family event for our community and keep them up-to-date on safety education,” said Grant Davis.
“Community Safety Saturday” will feature the following activities:
- The KlaasKids Foundation will be hosting the KlaasKids Print-A-Thon which provides Digital Photo ID & Finger Print Kits for every child. Parents receive a free DNA Collection Kit, child safety tips and a 9-point plan on what to do if your child disappears.
California Highway Patrol/Modesto and Fresno, Turlock Police Department and Fresno Police Department, as well as technicians from the Safe Kids Central Valley Coalition, will conduct a Child Safety/Booster Seat inspection station.
- Turlock Police Department Volunteers in Police Services will have a Crime Prevention Booth with valuable information about crime prevention tips/neighborhood watch.
- Turlock Police Department Traffic Safety Unit will also have information regarding traffic safety in regards to DUI, Cell Phone and Texting, bicycle safety and more.
- Turlock Rural Fire Department will bring a 25’ fire engine and hand out fire safety coloring books, fire chief hats and sticker badges.
- American Red Cross – Modesto Office will provide information about child and adult emergency preparedness.
- KWIN/KWNN will host a LIVE remote, with DJ appearance and prize giveaways.
In addition to educational and safety opportunities during “Community Safety Saturday,” there will be a raffle for items at the end of the event with prizes such as a Solar Safety Flashlight, Bluetooth Headset, Emergency Radio, and Emergency Roadside Kit, and the Grand Prize will be an iPad. Free recyclable tote bags with safety coloring books and crayons will be distributed while supply lasts, and there will be fun games and food available.
For more information calll GDI Insurance Agency 888-991-2929 or visit http://www.ciginsurance.com